White Lasagne Soup
With a gooey turkey and porcini ragu
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 15 g porcini mushrooms
- 500 g turkey thigh mince
- 2 garlic cloves
- 120 ml white wine
- 2 L chicken stock
- 5 sheets lasagne
- 1 tsp chili flakes* optional
- 1 tbsp picked thyme leaves
- 150 ml double cream
- 60 g Parmesan
- 1 ball Mozzarella
- 60 g pesto to serve optional
- *If cooking for a family/small children the chilli flakes can be left out.
- Select sauté on the Instant Pot, and set the tme to 6 minutes, Add the onion and oil, and cook until the onion is soft and beginning to colour.
- While the onion cooks, pour 200ml of boiling water over the porcini and set aside.
- Add the turkey mince to the Instant Pot, and brown the mince all over. If liquid accumulates while the mince is cooking, lift out the inner pot, tip out the liquid (reserve it) and continue browning the mince.
- Once brown, add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute
- Add the white wine and continue sautéing for a further 2-3 minutes, until the alcohol has cooked off. Add the stock and porcinis in their liquid into the pot and press cancel.
- Deglaze the base of the inner pot, then secure the lid. Select pressure cook and set the time to 20 minutes.
- When the cooking program finishes, perform a quick pressure release and remove the lid.
- Roughly break 5 lasagne sheets into the pot, then add the thyme and chili flakes.
- Secure the lid, select pressure cook, and cook for 1 minute at high pressure. Make sure the keep warm function is selected.
- Once cooked, perform a quick pressure release.
- Test the pasta sheets-they should be just al dente at this point. Finally, stir in cream, and parmesan, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Select cancel, set the instant pot to saute on a high heat and warm the soup through.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Tear and divide the mozzarella between the bowls and top with pesto. Garnish with more chilli flakes if desired. Serve immediately.