Vegetable Buddha Bowls with Carrot Ginger Dressing
- 200 g brown rice
- 375 ml vegetable stock divided
- 2 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 large carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp pure stevia powder
- 3/4 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 120 g frozen shelled edamame thawed
- 100 g broccoli florets thinly sliced
- 150 g red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber thinly sliced
- 2 medium avocados peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- Place the rice and 250ml stock in the inner pot. Secure the lid.
- Select Pressure Cook and adjust the time to 15 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, make the dressing. In a blender, blend the olive oil, vinegar, half of the carrot slices, ginger, lime juice, stevia, sesame oil, and salt until the mixture is super smooth. Set aside.
- When the cooking program finishes, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and use a fork to fluff the rice, then Press the Cancel button.
- Press the Sauté button and add the remaining stock to the inner pot of rice, and add the edamame and broccoli too.
- Gently stir until the edamame and broccoli are cooked and combined with the rice, about 2 minutes.
- To assemble the Vegetable Buddha Bowls, spoon one quarter of the rice mixture into each of the four bowls. Add one quarter each of the remaining carrot slices, cabbage, cucumber, and avocado slices to each bowl, keeping the ingredients separated. Sprinkle one quarter of the sesame seeds and spring onions over each bowl and drizzle with the Carrot Ginger Dressing.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!