Vegan Lentil Curry
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp chili powder or more to taste
- 215 g red lentils rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 400 ml Coconut milk
- Handful of spinach chopped
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Using the Sauté function, Sauté onions and carrot in the oil for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, garam masala, curry powder and chilli powder and sauté for a further minute, then press Off to stop the sauté function.
- Stir in the lentils and water, and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the bottom of the pot to remove any burnt bits.
- Pour the chopped tomatoes on top and add the tomato puree, but do not stir.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and Pressure Cook for 10 minutes at high pressure.
- Note that it can take up to 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to pressurise before the cooking begins.
- Quick Release the steam (careful!), then stir in the coconut milk, spinach and lemon juice until the spinach wilts.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper and add more chilli powder if desired.
Instant Brands Official Recipe Contributor: Recipe by @kateveggiedesserts