Tofu and Mushroom Ramen
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 medium onions ,peeled and chopped
- 500 g fresh shiitake mushrooms. stemmed and sliced
- 6 cloves garlic. peeled and crushed
- 1 piece fresh ginger. peeled and chopped 2 inch piece
- 70 ml light soy sauce
- 900 ml vegetable stock
- 400 g firm tofu drained and cubed
- 1 package fresh ramen noodles 350g
- 8 spring onions cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 sheets toasted nori 3 inch sheets
- 4 tsp chilli oil
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot and heat oil.
- Add carrots and onions to the pot and cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they just soften, about 3 minutes, then add garlic, ginger, and soy sauce and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Press the Cancel button and add stock and tofu to the pot, Stir well and deglaze the base of the pot.
- Secure the lid, then select pressure cook on high, and program the time for 6 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, quick-release the pressure. Open the lid and add ramen noodles.
- Leave the noodles to soften, then stir in the spring onions.
- Serve ramen in bowls with nori and chili oil for garnish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!