Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 1 tbsp corn oil
- 3 tbsp cashews
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 6 spring onions finely chopped, white parts only
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 450 g can pineapple chunks drained
- 4 tbsp fresh basil leaves roughly chopped, divided
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 220 g rice
- 250 ml Water
- Select Sauté, and add the oil. Once hot, add the cashews and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the onion, spring onions, and chilies, and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until the onion is translucent
- Mix in the drained pineapple, 2 tbsp of basil, curry powder, turmeric, soy sauce, and salt, then add the rice and water, and mix again. Press cancel.
- Secure the lid in place, select Pressure Cook and adjust the time to 3 minutes.
- When the cooking program has finished, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes, before quick releasing any remaining pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid. Let the rice cool for 15 minutes. Using a fork, fluff the rice. Serve hot topped with the final 2 tbsp of basil
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!