Tea Stained Eggs
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 12 eggs
- Water enough to cover the eggs
- 360 ml soy sauce
- 4 bags black tea
- 3 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp sugar
- Peel from an orange
- Place eggs in the inner pot on the steam rack.
- Add enough water to cover the eggs, then add the soy sauce, tea bags, star anise, and cinnamon sticks.
- Stir in sugar and add the orange peel.
- Select PRESSURE COOK on High and program for 4 minutes followed by Quick Pressure Release.
- Crack each egg all over with a teaspoon but leave the shells on— this helps to create the marbled effect.
- Put all the eggs back in the Instant Pot and leave with the lid on for 18 hours. Leave longer for a stronger, saltier flavour.
- After 18 hours, run the eggs under cold water and remove the shells.
- Eat immediately, or you can store refrigerated up to 1 week.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!