Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chilli
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 225 g dry black beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 medium onion peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 sweet potatoes medium-large in size peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 800 g chopped tomatoes
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 160 g tomato paste
- Place the dry beans in a large bowl and cover with 5 cups water. Allow to soak at room temperature 4–8 hours. Drain the beans and set aside.
- Drizzle the oil into the Instant Pot. Press the Sauté button, add the onion, and sauté until softened, about 5–6 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the soaked beans, sweet potatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, paprika, cinnamon, tomatoes, stock, and tomato paste. Stir well to combine and scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the inner pot. Secure the lid.
- Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button and programme for 20 minutes.
- Once finished allow for 10 minutes natural pressure release, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!