Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 7 large medjool dates roughly chopped
- 100 ml hot water
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 100 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 egg beaten
- 360 ml water
- 100 ml caramel sauce warmed
- Ice cream or cream for serving
- In a small bowl, combine dates, hot water, bourbon and baking soda then set to one side.
- In another bowl, combine the butter and milk, and microwave on low until the butter is melted.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg to the milk/butter mixture, and stir to combine. Then add the beaten egg and bourbon-date mixture, and mix together.
- Coat the insides of four ramekins with non stick spray and divide the batter evenly amongst the ramekins, and cover each ramekin with foil.
- Place the steam rack/trivet into the inner pot and pour in the 360ml water. Arrange the ramekins in a pyramid formation - three on the bottom and one on the top, then secure the lid.
- Select Steam function* and set the time for 20 minutes, and press Start.
- When the cooking program finishes, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the ramekins from the pot. Run a knife around the edges to loosen, then invert onto a serving dish.
- use a cocktail stick to pierce holes into the top of each pudding then pour the warm caramel sauce.
- Serve with your choice of cream, ice cream or more caramel sauce!
*If you don’t have a Steam function, choose Pressure Cook