Spinach, Potato and Cheddar Puree
Leafy greens such as spinach are rich in vitamins A, C and K, magnesium, iron and manganese. Babies who are not susceptible to dairy protein intolerance or allergies will benefit from the introduction of small amounts of dairy in the form of whole cheeses and butter. Keep in mind that cow’s milk for drinking is not recommended until after 12 months of age.Age: 29 weeks +
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 1 potato
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Peel the potato and chop into 1-inch pieces
- Place the trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot inner pot and add 1 cup of water
- Add the chopped potato and spinach with 1/3 cup water to an ovenproof bowl and place on top of the trivet.
- Turn on the Instant Pot to “Steam” and select 8 minutes.
- When the timer ends, quick release by turning the steam release to the venting position allowing the steam to escape, the valve will then drop and the lid will unlock.
- Drain the water and add the butter, milk and cheese and blend until coarsely pureed.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!