Spicy Korean Cauliflower Bites
- Vortex Air Fryer
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- Half head of cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 85 g corn starch
- 1 tsp garlic grated
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 450 g panko breadcrumbs
Spicy Korean BBQ Sauce (made in Instant Pot)
- 65 g Korean chili flakes
- 65 g Korean red pepper paste Gochujang
- 65 g minced Garlic
- 250 g corn syrup
- 125 g ketchup
- 12 g crushed pineapple
- 1 tbsp of white vinegar
- 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
- Cut the cauliflower into small bite sized pieces or your preferred size.
- In a bowl add the eggs and cornstarch and mix until smooth.
- Add garlic, ginger, onion powder, smoked paprika and salt and mix well.
- Take one piece of cauliflower and submerge it in batter, then coat in panko. Apply pressure with hands so panko sticks. Repeat this with all cauliflower bites.
- Set Vortex to Air Fry and program the temperature to 200°C for 30 minutes.
- Once the Vortex has preheated and you are prompted to Add Food, place the cauliflower pieces inside, and Turn Food when prompted halfway.
- While this is cooking, you can create the Spicy Korean BBQ sauce in your Instant Pot. Select the Saute function and drizzle oil into the bottom of the Inner pot.
- Once the pot is hot, lightly fry the garlic for 1-2 minutes
- Add all remaining ingredients and gently simmer on low for 20 minutes. (If this sauce finishes before the cauliflower bites, then press Keep Warm until the Vortex program has finished)
- Once cauliflower bites are done, submerge into Spicy Korean BBQ sauce, then serve from a bowl.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!