Spaghetti Alla Vodka
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 75 ml vodka
- 240 g uncooked spaghetti
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 600 ml water
- Salt and pepper
- 120 ml double cream
- 110 g Pecorino Romano cheese grated
- Handful of fresh basil leaves torn into small pieces
- Put the butter in the pot and select Sauté. When the butter has melted, add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring frequently, until it begins to brown about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and vodka and simmer for 1 minute to boil off some of the alcohol. Press Cancel.
- Add the spaghetti (you may need to snap in half), red chilli flakes and water, plus the salt and pepper, then use a wooden spoon to deglaze the base of the inner pot.
- Secure the lid and select the Pressure Cook function and adjust to Low pressure for 6 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, quick release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Add the cream and stir to combine. Let the pasta stand in the pot, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Stir the cheese and basil into the pasta and season with more salt and black pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!