Smoky Seafood Chowder
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 1 slice thick-cut smoked bacon chopped
- 1 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 stick celery sliced
- 120 ml white wine
- 220 g potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 450 ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- 220 g fresh clams or mussels
- 60 ml Water
- 225 g thick white fish such as halibut or cod skinned and cut into 2-inch
- 100 g frozen or fresh sweet corn
- 100 ml double cream
- 120 g hot-smoked salmon skinned and broken into 2-inch pieces
- 120 g medium prawns peeled and deveined
- Chopped chives and crusty bread for serving
- Select Sauté on the Instant Pot and add the bacon. Cook until the bacon is crispy and almost all the fat has rendered, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon and scraping up any browned bits, until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Add 60ml of the wine and cook for 1 minute. Press the Cancel button to reset the program.
- Add the potatoes, bacon, stock, and 1 teaspoon salt to the pot. Lock the lid and select Pressure Cook and set the cook time for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange the clams/mussels in a single layer in a medium sauté pan and pour in the remaining wine and the water. Place over medium-low heat, cover, and steam until the clams open, 5–10 minutes. Drain the liquid and discard any clams that failed to open. Set aside.
- When the Instant Pot program has finished, let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Press the Cancel button to reset the program. Carefully remove the lid and select Sauté again. Add the fish and corn and bring the broth to a simmer. Add the cream and simmer until well combined, about 3 minutes. Press the Cancel button to reset the program.
- Add the salmon, cooked clams, and shrimp, and let cook in the hot broth until the shrimp are pink, about 1 minute. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- To serve, ladle the chowder into bowls, top with chives and freshly ground black pepper, and accompany with slices of crusty bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!