Smokey Fish Stew
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 1 handful of fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 450 g new potatoes quartered
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 125 ml fish stock
- 125 ml white wine
- 400 g can chickpeas drained
- 450 g mixed fresh fish cut in chunks
- 200 g raw prawns
- 400 g mussels
- In a small bowl mix parsley, 1 chopped garlic clove, zest of 1 lemon and 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Reserve for later.
- Press the sauté button on the Instant Pot.
- Once display says HOT, add 2 tbsp of the olive oil.
- Add the onion and new potatoes, stirring regularly for 5 minutes.
- Add the last 1 tbsp olive oil, the other garlic clove, chilli, fennel seeds, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the paprika, lemon juice, chopped tomatoes, fish stock, white wine, and drained chickpeas. Stir then press cancel.
- Use a wooden spoon to deglaze the base of the inner pot.
- Secure the lid and select Pressure Cook on high for 12 minutes followed by a quick pressure release when the cooking program finishes.
- When pin drops, open the lid and add the mixed fresh fish, prawns and mussels. Carefully check they are all closed before cooking.
- Secure the lid again, and select Pressure Cook on low for 2 minutes followed by a quick pressure release when the cooking program finishes.
- Stir in reserved parsley, garlic, lemon zest and olive oil dressing from step 1, and discard any mussels that have not opened.
- Check seasoning and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!