Shrimp with Tomatoes and Warm Spices
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined 26 to 30 per pound
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided plus extra for drizzling
- 5 garlic cloves minced divided
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp table salt divided
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 red or green bell pepper stemmed seeded, and chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tbsp ras el hanout
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes drained with juice reserved chopped coarse (28 ounces)
- 1/4 cup pitted brine-cured green or black olives chopped coarse
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 scallions sliced thin on bias
- Toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon garlic, lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Using highest Sauté function, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in Instant Pot until shimmering. Add bell pepper, onion, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining garlic, ras el hanout, and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and reserved juice.
- Lock lid in place and close pressure release valve. Select Pressure Cook function and cook for 15 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot and quick-release pressure. Carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape away from you.
- Stir shrimp into tomato mixture, cover, and let sit until opaque throughout, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in olives and parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle individual portions with scallions and drizzle with extra oil before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!