Shredded Pork Ragù Pasta
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes 1 can undrained
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes 1 can drained
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder or butt cut in half
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 12 oz fettuccine prepared according to package directions
- shredded parmesan for garnish
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When oil gets hot, add onion to the pot and saute 3 minutes. Add carrot and cook 3 minutes more. Add garlic and tomato paste and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add broth and seasonings to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add tomatoes to the pot and stir. Add meat to the pot, turning once to coat.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 40 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 15 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the meat from the pot to a cutting board and shred.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of pot juices and cornstarch. Stir into the pot until thickened.
- Return the meat to to the pot and fold in the cooked pasta.
- Serve hot topped with shredded parmesan.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!