Scallops with Herb Tomato Sauce
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 200 g fresh tomatoes peeled
- 80 g tomato paste
- 60 ml dry red wine
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 350 g fresh scallops cleaned and drained
- Hot cooked pasta or rice optional
- Press Sauté; heat oil in Instant Pot. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is soft and translucent. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Secure lid and select Pressure Cook; cook at high pressure 8 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, quick release the pressure and open the lid. Taste the sauce; season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Press Sauté; add scallops to pot. Cook 1 minute or until sauce begins to simmer. Press Cancel; cover pot with lid and let stand 8 minutes or until scallops are opaque.
- Serve over pasta or rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!