Salt and Pepper Wings
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 470 g Chicken wings
- 2 Large eggs
- 110 g cornflour
- 35 g plain flour
- 35 g custard powder
- 1 tbsp Chinese Five spice
- 1 tbsp Garlic granules
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
- 2 onions
- 2 green chilli
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tbsp MSG
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the chicken with water, and cut the wings into drums and flats. Then line a chopping board with kitchen roll and pat the wings dry and place into a bowl.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, whisk them together well and pour about 1/2 of the mixture onto the wings. Ensure all the wings are covered in the egg mixture.
- To make the batter by mixing together cornflour, plain flour, custard powder, Chinese five spice, garlic granules and black pepper.
- Take a wing, cover it in batter, then in egg and back into the batter. Repeat this for how ever many wings you have.
- Select Air Fry on your air fryer and set the temperature to 205°C and time to 16 minutes. Turn the wings at half way when prompted.
- Meanwhile, slice the onion and chillies.
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic, frying for about 2 minutes.
- Add the onion and chilies and season with MSG, then fry all together for a further 2-3 minutes.
- When the wings are cooked, mix together with the onion/chilli and serve.
Instant Brands Official Recipe Contributor: Recipe by: @theefoodvibe