- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 3 slices bacon chopped
- 1/2 of an onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup carrot diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 1/3 cup marsala wine
- 5 cups beef broth warmed
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes undrained
- 6 oz cooked sausage crumbles
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley and additional grated parmesan for garnish
- Add bacon to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function. Cook and stir until bacon is nearly crisp.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic to the pot and saute until softened, 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice and cook and stir 3 minutes more.
- Add wine and broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add diced tomatoes and their juices, sausage crumbles, tomato paste and bay leaf. Stir to incorporate.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Stir to incorporate remaining liquid, returning to SAUTE mode as needed.
- Stir in parmesan and adjust seasonings.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped fresh parsley and additional grated parmesan.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!