Rigatoni with Tomatoes and Pancetta
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 4 oz pancetta chopped fine
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 anchovy fillets rinsed patted dry, and minced
- 2 tsp fennel seeds lightly cracked
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 can diced tomatoes 28 ounce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 lb rigatoni
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese plus extra for serving
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Using highest sauté function, cook pancetta in Instant Pot, stirring often, until browned and fat is well rendered, 6 to 10 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to paper towel–lined plate; set aside for serving.
- Add onion and salt to fat left in pot and cook, using highest sauté function, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, anchovies, fennel seeds, and pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and their juice, broth, and water, scraping up any browned bits, then stir in pasta.
- Lock lid in place and close pressure release valve. Select Pressure Cook function on High and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot and quick-release pressure. Carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape away from you.
- Stir in Pecorino and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to serving dish and let sit until sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and reserved pancetta. Serve, passing extra Pecorino separately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!