Pureed Carrots with Tahini & Nutmeg
Introducing spices and stronger flavors is a wonderful way to broaden your baby’s tastes and prevent picky eating later on. The sweetness of steamed carrots is well balanced by the inclusion of nutmeg and tahini. This recipe has the added benefit of containing healthy fats; plant protein and offers exposure to an allergen in the form of sesame seeds (Tahini).Age: 22 weeks +
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1/2 - 1 cup water or milk
- Peel and cut carrots into chunks
- Place the trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot inner pot and add 1 cup of water
- Add the chopped carrots with 1/3 cup of water to an ovenproof bowl and place on top of the trivet.
- Turn on the Instant Pot to “Steam” and select 10 minutes.
- When the timer ends, quick release by turning the steam release to the venting position allowing the steam to escape, the valve will then drop and the lid will unlock.
- Drain the water from the carrots and set aside
- Add the carrots, tahini and nutmeg to a blender and puree until smooth using the saved carrot water if needed.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!