Overnight French Toast Casserole
All the magic happens with this French toast casserole overnight. The crusty French bread soaks in the egg mixture making a delightful custard that cooks up perfectly in the morning. The bread type is important for this recipe. A less crusty bread will fall apart and not have the chewy texture that makes Overnight French Toast Casserole so delicious.
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 1/2 loaf French bread cut into 1 inch chunks, day-old
- 8 large eggs
- 180 ml whole milk
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter cubed and chilled
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 120 ml maple syrup
- Grease a (7 inch) cake pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange chunks of French bread in a single layer on bottom of pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt until fully combined. Pour egg mixture over French bread.
- Sprinkle cubed butter on top of French bread. Refrigerate, at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Pour water into Instant Pot. Place a trivet inside.
- Place a paper towel on top of cake pan and tightly cover with foil. Create a foil sling and use it to gently lower pan into Instant Pot.
- Close lid and set pressure release to Sealing.
- Press Manual or Pressure Cook button and adjust time to 30 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes and then quick release remaining pressure. Unlock lid and remove it.
- Carefully remove French toast casserole using foil sling. Remove foil and paper towel.
- Serve topped with maple syrup.
PER SERVING CALORIES: 411 | FAT: 15g | PROTEIN: 16g | SODIUM: 650mg FIBER: 1g | CARBOHYDRATES: 54g | SUGAR: 30g