Orange & Spice Braised Red Cabbage
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 20 g butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large apple roughly chopped
- 2 small red onions finely diced
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 900 g red cabbage shredded discard the core
- 90 ml cider vinegar
- Zest of 1 orange and enough juice to make the vinegar up to 150ml
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté and heat the oil and butter in the pot.
- Add the apple, onions, spices and sugar and cook for a few minutes until softened, stirring frequently.
- Add the cabbage, stir well then mix in the vinegar and orange juice.
- Press cancel then put the lid on.
- Select Manual High Pressure and set to 10 minutes, followed by 10 minutes of Natural Pressure Release.
- Stir well and keep warm until ready to serve.