No Waste Coconut Curry
- Duo Crisp with Ultimate Lid
- 350 g basmati rice
- 650 ml water
- 2 Tsp garam masala
- 1 1/2 tsp mild chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Cauliflower broken into florets and leaves
- 400 g tin chickpeas
- 100 g baby spinach
For the Curry
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 3 to matoes diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 400 ml coconut milk
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Place the rice and water into the inner pot and put the pressure cooking cover in place on the Duo Crisp with Ultimate Lid
- Secure the lid and select Pressure Cook, and set the time to 6 minutes, with a natural pressure release.
- Once the rice has cooked, and pressure released, open the lid and fluff the rice with a spoon and set to one side.
- Mix the spices together with the coconut oil. Spoon ⅓ of this over the cauliflower, cauli leaves and chickpeas and massage the spices into the veg until coated.
- Remove the pressure cooking cover and place the coated veggies into the fryer basket, with the cauliflower leaves on top and put into the inner pot. Don’t have a duo crisp, pro crisp or crisp ultimate? You can also this complete step in an air fryer, your oven, or skip the crisping step and add the veg raw into the curry later. However, crisping the veg adds a lovely texture to your final dish.
- Secure the lid and select Air Fry, and set the temperature to 140°C for 10 minutes.
- Remove the crisped cauli leaves, then select Air Fry again and increase the temperature to 200°C and set the time to 8 minutes.
- Remove the veg and fryer basket once cooked and set aside.
- Replace the pressure cooking cover to the Ultimate Lid and add 1 tbsp of coconut oil to the inner pot.
- Select sauté and when the oil is hot, add the onions and fry until soft. Then add the ginger and garlic paste.
- Add the remaining spice mix and tomatoes to the inner pot, and sauté for 2 minutes, then add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cooked vegetables and baby spinach and stir together.
- Season to taste and serve the curry with the crispy cauliflower leaves as garnish,on top of the cooked rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!