Nigella’s Decadent Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Instant Pot Duo Crisp / Pro Crisp
- 180 g plain flour
- 1 ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ¼ tsp instant espresso powder
- 60 g cocoa
- 240 g soft dark brown sugar
- 300 ml hot water
- 70 ml coconut oil
- 1 ¼ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachios
- 60 ml cold water
- 75 g coconut butter
- 50 g soft dark sugar
- 1½ tsp instant espresso powder
- 1½ tbsp cocoa
- 150 g 70% dark chocolate finely chopped
- Line an 18cm baking pan with baking paper. Set aside.
- Make the icing by adding all the ingredients except the chocolate into the inner pot and select Saute on low.
- Bring to a boil until everything is dissolved, stirring frequently then press cancel and add the finely chopped chocolate.
- Remove the inner pot and give it a shake to submerge all the chocolate, then leave for a minute to allow the chocolate to melt. Then whisk the icing together and tansfer to another bowl to cool and give the inner pot a clean.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, instant espresso powder and cocoa and whisk with a fork until combined.
- Mix together the sugar, hot water, coconut oil and vinegar until the coconut oil has melted, then stir into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the cake mix into the prepared tin, then place the tin into the air fryer basket. Put the basket into the inner pot and secure the air fryer lid.
- Select Bake and set the temperature to 158°C and time to 44 minutes.
- Cook until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean
- Once the cake is baked, transfer the tin to a wire rack and let the cake cool in its tin.
- When the cake is cool, top with the cooled prepared icing and sprinkle chopped pistachios on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!