Moroccan Lemon Chicken
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 whole preserved lemon finely chopped
- 100 g whole blanched almonds
- 140 g green olives pitted
- 180 ml chicken stock
- Large handful chopped coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp cold water
- In a bowl, combine cumin, coriander, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, freshly ground black pepper, and salt.
- Coat the chicken thighs with the spices and set aside.
- Press the sauté button on the Instant Pot, and once display says HOT, add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes stirring regularly.
- Add the coated chicken, sauté for another 2 minutes, stirring regularly. Press cancel.
- Add the whole lemon, almonds, olives and chicken stock, then deglaze the base of the inner pot.
- Secure the lid, on the Instant Pot, and select Pressure Cook on high programming for 10 minutes.
- When the cooking program finishes, allow for 10 minutes natural pressure release then quick release the remaining pressure.
- When pin drops, open the lid. Press cancel.
- Press sauté again, and mix the cornflour with the water and stir in to thicken. Press cancel.
- Add the chopped coriander, season with salt and pepper then serve with vegetables, and rice or potatoes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!