Mini Egg Carrot Cake
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- Cooking Spray or butter for greasing
- 125 g plain flour
- 50 g cup golden raisins
- 50 g golden caster sugar
- 50 g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 80 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 350 g carrot finely shredded
- 250 ml Water
- 100 g cream cheese softened
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mini eggs for decorating
- Line a cake pan with cooking spray or butter and baking paper.
- Toss the raisins with a 1 tablespoon of the flour in a small bowl to coat.
- Combine remaining flour, caster sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ground ginger, nutmeg, cloves and allspice in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, vanilla, and eggs, then add to the flour mixture. Stir gently until blended, then fold in the carrot and raisins.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan and cover with foil, then add inch long slits in the foil at 12 / 3/ 6 and 9 o’ clock.
- Place steam rack into inner pot and pour 250ml into pot, with the covered cake pan on rack, and put on the lid.
- Select Slow Cook on High and program to 1 hour 30 minutes. (Cook additional time, if necessary, until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.)
- Carefully remove lid from the Instant Pot, and transfer the cake pan to a wire rack. Lightly blot top of cake with a paper towel, if necessary, to remove any collected moisture. Cool for 10 minutes in the cake pan on a wire rack, then remove from pan to cool completely on wire rack.
- To make the frosting: Beat cream cheese with a mixer until smooth; then add the icing sugar and vanilla, beating until smooth. Use a piping bag to decorate the edge of the cake and place mini eggs on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!