Middle Eastern Lamb Pilaf
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 300 g basmati rice washed
- Oil as needed
- 1 onion diced
- 500 g lamb mince
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cardamom pods crushed to open
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 100 g dried apricots diced
- 70 g honey roasted cashews chopped
- Salt and pepper as needed
- 1 ½ garlic cloves minced
- 15 g fresh coriander
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ⅓ tsp ground cumin
- 75 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Soak the washed rice for 15 minutes while you prep and cook the vegetables and lamb.
- Select Saute, and add some oil to the inner pot. When hot, add the diced onion and saute until soft.
- Add the lamb mince and cook until browned. The add the garlic, spices and drained soaked rice, and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add a generous pinch of salt to the inner pot along with the stock, this should cover the rice mixture. Make sure to deglaze the pan, and remove all the crispy bits from the bottom of the pot insert. (The bits could trigger a burn notice if not deglazed properly)
- Cancel the Saute function and secure the lid with the pressure cooking cover in place.
- Select Pressure Cook and set the time to 3 minutes and choose natural pressure release.
- While the lamb and rice cooks, combine all the herb dressing ingredients then season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- After 18minutes of natural release, quick release the remaining pressure then open the lid.
- Stir the lamb pilaf, season to taste and add the diced dried apricots and herb dressing. Top with the honey roasted cashews and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!