Mexican Black Bean and Chocolate Chilli
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 aubergine chopped
- ½ tsp each ground cumin and ground coriander
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 400 g black beans drained and rinsed
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 30 g grated vegan dark chocolate
- brown rice Vegan Sour Cream (see page 11), finely sliced red onion, diced avocado, coriander and tortilla chips, to serve (optional)
- Set the Instant Pot to SAUTÉ and add the oil then the onion, (bell) pepper and aubergine/eggplant. If the ingredients start to stick a little (aubergine/ eggplant tends to act like a sponge to oil and suck it all up) then adjust the sauté to LOWER using the SAUTÉ button or dial.
- Sauté until the aubergine/ eggplant is soft and the onion transparent. Add the spices and garlic then the beans, tomatoes and soy sauce.
- Set to PRESSURE for 3 minutes. NPR at the end of cooking then remove the lid and stir in the chocolate.
- Serve with all or any of the suggested garnishes and/or accompaniments, as preferred.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!