Meatball Minestrone Soup
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 tbsp golden flaxseed meal
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup no-sugar-added tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning blend divided
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder divided
- 1 1/2 tsp fine grind sea salt divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup pancetta diced
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced yellow squash
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 14 oz diced tomatoes 1 can
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, flaxseed meal, egg, tomato sauce, mozzarella, 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp sea salt. Using your hands, mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Make the meatballs by shaping heaping 1 tablespoonof the ground beef mixture into a meatball. Repeat with the remaining mixture and then transfer the meatballs to the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the meatballs in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. When the baking time is complete, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Select Sauté (Normal). Once the pot is hot, add the olive oil, onion, garlic, and pancetta. Sauté, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until the garlic becomes fragrant and the onions begin to soften.
- Add the zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots to the pot. Sauté for 3 additional minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, beef broth, black pepper, and remaining garlic powder, sea salt, and Italian seasoning to the pot. Stir to combine and then add the meatballs.
- Cover, lock the lid, and flip the steam release handle to the sealing position. Select Pressure Cook or Manual on High and set the cook time for 5 minutes.
- When the cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes and then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Open the lid and gently stir the soup. Ladle into serving bowls and top each serving with 1/2 tablespoon of the Parmesan. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!