Mac 'n' Trees
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 450 g macaroni
- 900 ml Water
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 140 g raw cashews soaked in water for 2 hours at room temperature
- 80 ml Water plus more if needed
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 tsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt plus more as needed
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper plus more as needed
- Place the macaroni, water and salt into the Inner pot and secure the lid.
- Select Pressure Cook and set the time for 6 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Combine the cashews, water, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, Tabasco, salt, and cayenne in a blender. Blend at high speed until smooth. Add more salt and/or cayenne, if needed. Add extra water if the sauce is too thick.
- When the cooking program finishes, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and add the sauce to the inner pot, and stir to combine.
- If you have a Duo Crisp or Pro Crisp, you can swap for the Air fryer lid and use the grill function for 4-5 minutes to crisp up the top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!