Lamb & Guinness Stew
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 450 g lamb stew meat cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 500 ml chicken or beef stock
- 450 g potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 carrots cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 225 ml Guinness
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dijon
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- flat-leaf parsley for garnish optional
- fresh ground pepper for garnish optional
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When oil gets hot, brown the meat on all sides, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Add onion to the pot and saute until soft, 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle flour into pot and stir to coat.
- Add stock to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid.
- Using the display panel select the PRESSURE COOK function on LOW and program the Instant Pot for 20 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!