Israeli Couscous and Lentils
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
COUSCOUS AND LENTILS
- 1 cup French green lentils Puy
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 red yellow or orange bell peppers, diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup Israeli or pearl couscous
- 3 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 leaves bay
- Handful of fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 cup fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 15 pitted green olives sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Soak the lentils in water to cover for 8 hours or overnight. Drain the lentils.
- Place the soaked and drained lentils, onion, bell peppers, carrots, garlic, couscous, vegetable broth, salt, pepper to taste, bay leaves, and thyme sprigs in the Instant Pot and stir well to combine.
- Secure the lid and set the Pressure Release to Sealing. Select the Pressure Cook setting at high pressure and set the cook time to 3 minutes.
- Once the 3-minute timer has completed and beeps, allow an natural pressure release for 10 minutes and then switch the Pressure Release knob from Sealing to Venting to release any remaining steam.
- Open the pot and discard the bay leaves and thyme sprigs.
- Transfer the couscous-lentil mixture to a large bowl and allow to come to room temperature.
- To the couscous-lentil mixture, add the extra-virgin olive oil, vinegar, dill, parsley, olives, tomatoes, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and taste for seasonings, adding more salt and pepper as needed, or a splash more vinegar for acidity.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!