Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 1 tbsp oil
- 150 g pancetta/thick cut bacon diced
- 400 g fresh mushrooms quartered
- 1.3 kg steak diced into 4cm cubes
- Few sprigs fresh thyme leaves/dried thyme
- Few sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 white onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 400 ml red wine
- 400 ml beef stock
- 3 large carrots cut into large chunks
- 40 g Cornflour
- 75 ml water
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Add the oil to the inner pot and select the sauté. Add the bacon and mushrooms, and fry until golden (5-10 mins.)
- Remove the mushrooms and bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving the oil behind.
- Add the diced beef and brown on all sides (you may need to work in batches)
- While the beef browns, tie the fresh herbs together with a piece of string.
- Once all the beef has browned, add the onions and sauté for 2 mins. Then add the garlic, tomato paste, bundle of herbs, red wine, bacon, mushrooms, and beef stock.
- Secure the lid, and select Pressure Cook and set the time to 30 minutes, with a quick pressure release.
- When the time is up, perform a quick pressure release, then remove the lid, and add the carrots.
- Secure the lid again, select Pressure Cook and set the time for 5 minutes, followed by a quick pressure release.
- In a small bowl, mix the corn flour with 75ml water to loosen it into a paste, then add to the beef bourguignon.
- Select sauté and cook until the sauce has thickened, then serve with your favourite mash.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!