Instant Pot Popcorn
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 100 g popping corn
- 25 g butter
- Select Sauté repeatedly until it’s set to More. Add the 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Allow to melt fully. Swish around the inner pot to coat the base.
- Pop in a few test kernels and wait until they pop.
- Then add the rest of the popping corn in an even layer.
- Put the the glass lid on and remove the inner pot from the base, moving it gently from side to side to make sure the kernels are in an even layer and fully coated in the coconut oil.
- Leave the inner pot out of the base for 30 seconds. Do NOT cancel Sauté, keep it running during this time.
- Place the inner pot back on the base - The kernels should begin popping before long.
- Once it really gets popping, place the lid slightly ajar for the steam to escape.
- When the popping slows down to several seconds between pops, remove the lid and take the inner pot out of the base.
- Immediately transfer your freshly-made popcorn to a big bowl or deep plate.
- Wash and dry the inner pot (or use a spare one.) Select Sauté and set to Normal. Melt the butter, and once the butter is turning a bit brown in colour, carefully drizzle over popcorn. Add salt or sugar or your favourite seasonings to taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!