Hake, Sweet Potato and Coconut Cream
This simple fish meal has a touch of sweetness that will appeal to your baby – serve the fish flaked into the mashed sweet potato or puree to a smooth consistency for younger babies.Age: 23 weeks +
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 100 g hake fillet
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tbsp cinnamon
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into 1-inch chunks
- Place the trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot inner pot and add 1 cup of water
- Add the chopped sweet potato with 1/3 cup of water to an ovenproof bowl and place on top of the trivet.
- Turn on the Instant Pot to “High Pressure” and select 15 minutes.
- When the timer ends, quick release by turning the steam release to the venting position allowing the steam to escape, the valve will then drop and the lid will unlock.
- Remove the sweet potato from the water and mash with the coconut cream, butter and cinnamon
- Clean and dry the inner pot and turn the Instant Pot on to “Saute” and “Adjust” to “More”
- When the panel says hot, melt the butter and fry the hake for a few minutes on either side until fully cooked
- Flake the fish and serve with the sweet potato mash or coarsely puree together