- Vortex Plus Dual Drawer Air Fryer
- 100 g butter unsalted
- 100 g plain flour
- 1 clove garlic
- 400 ml whole milk
- 200 g tinned sweetcorn
- 2 jalapenos
- 100 g raisins
- 3 tbsp dukkah
- 2 eggs
- 200 g plain flour
- 200 g panko bread crumbs
- 100 g yoghurt
- 100 g mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon
For the Bechamel base
- Place a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Add the butter and let it melt. Once melted, tip in the flour. Peel and finely grate in the garlic and stir well. Cook for 2-3 minutes until starting to lightly colour and it looks like wet sand.
- Remove from heat and pour in the milk, whisking all the while. Place the pan back on the heat and bring to a gentle simmer, beating well with a wooden spoon. Cook for 2 minutes until thickened and starting to come away from the sides of the pan.
- Season generously with salt and pepper then tip the mixture onto a baking tray and cool in the fridge for 10 minutes until set.
For the Fillings
- Place a large frying pan over a high heat. Drain the corn through a sieve and add it to the pan. Allow to char and roast for 2 minutes before stirring and repeating. Cook for 6 minutes until blackened in places and starting to stick to the pan. Finely chop the jalapenos while you wait and then add to a large mixing bowl along with the roasted sweetcorn.
- Tip the raisins and dukkah into a 2nd large mixing bowl.
- Divide the cooked bechamel base between the 2 mixing bowls and beat well to evenly mix. Roll each mixture into 8 - 12 croquettas shapes and place back on the tray from before.
For the Pané
- Crack and beat two eggs in a medium sized tray and set to one side. Tip the flour into a second tray along with a pinch of salt and the breadcrumbs into a third.
- Pass the shaped croquettas through the flour, egg and then breadcrumbs, making sure to evenly coat each in the breadcrumbs. Pass them back through the egg and breadcrumbs once more and place them on the tray from before
- Pre-heat drawers 1 and 2 of the Airfryer to Airfry at 205℃ for 8 minutes using the Sync Cook function
- Lightly spray the breadcrumbed croquettes with olive oil and place in the airfryer once pre-heated and Airfry for 8 minutes until golden brown.
For the Dipping sauce
- Tip the yoghurt, mayonnaise and mustard into a mixing bowl, peel and finely grate in the garlic and then zest the lemon and squeeze in its juice. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Serve the golden croquetas alongside the dip.