Fruity Chicken Balls
As an alternative to traditional fried nuggets, these fruity chicken nuggets are a healthy snack option for older babies and toddlers. Serving idea: serve with a yoghurt dipping or side serving of steamed vegetable strips.Age: 45 weeks +
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 apple
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 onion/red onion diced
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 egg beaten
- Flour for coating
- Avocado or coconut oil for frying
- Puree the chicken thighs in a food processor until minced
- Slice the apple and remove the seeds and the core, then grate
- Add the lemon juice to the grated apple
- Combine the chicken, apple, onion, herbs and egg
- Shape the mixture into balls
- Place the trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot inner pot and add 1 cup of water
- Place the balls either into a steamer basket or an egg bite mould, cover with foil then put it on the trivet.
- Turn on the Instant Pot to “High Pressure” and select 12 minutes
- When the timer ends, quick release by turning the steam release to the venting position allowing the steam to escape, the valve will then drop and the lid will unlock.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!