Egg Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 250 g white rice
- 500 ml water
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 250 g frozen peas and carrots mixture
- 1 tbsp butter
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with sliced spring onion
- Add the rice and water to the Instant Pot and secure the lid.
- Select PRESSURE COOK and program the time for 4 minutes, followed by 10 minutes natural pressure release, then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Fluff the rice with a fork, remove to a separate bowl and cover. Rinse the pot liner (just get any stuck rice grains out--you don’t need to wash it out completely).
- Add sesame oil to the Instant Pot and select the SAUTE function.
- Once the oil gets hot, add onion to the pot and cook for 2 minutes, then add the peas, carrots and butter to the pot and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the inner pot, then push ingredients to the side of the pot and add beaten eggs.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the egg begins to set, then fold into the vegetable mixture until egg is cooked through.
- Turn the pot off, and fold in the cooked rice, soy sauce, sesame seeds and salt and pepper.
- Serve warm with sliced spring onion.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!