Easy Speedy Gyros
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 250 g Frozen chunky chips
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ large cucumber
- 150 g tomato
- ½ small red onion
- 240 g Leftover Greek lamb *see link in notes
- 2 g fresh mint a couple of leaves
- 125 ml full fat Greek yoghurt
- 3 Large Flatbreads or pitas
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Picked fresh mint and dill optional
- Place the chips into the Air Fryer basket of the Instant Vortex. Set the temperature to195°C and the time to 10 minutes. Press start. There is no need to preheat
- Make the garlic yogurt sauce by grating the garlic into a small bowl and pour over the lemon juice and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Dice the cucumber and tomatoes into bite sized chunks and thinly slice the red onion. Sprinkle the veggies with a pinch of salt and toss together.
- When the Vortex displays 5 minutes to go, add roughly 240g of lamb - broken into chunks - into the fryer basket.
- Alternatively if using a roasted chicken or roasted lamb for the gyros, allow the chips to finish cooking, then use the reheat function on the vortex until the meat is warmed through/
- Pick the mint leaves from the tough stems, and thinly slice the leaves. Add the yogurt and mint to the lemon and garlic and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt.
- For the final 1-2 minutes of cooking your chips, pop in the flatbread/pitas to warm slightly.
- Once the vortex has finished, plate up the gyros! Smear the flatbread or pita with yogurt sauce, then top with lamb, diced tomato, cucumber and red onion. Add a few extra mint leaves and fresh dill if you like.
- Finish the wraps with a little salt and pepper if necessary, then roll them all up and serve immediately.
Use the leftovers from our Speedy Kleftiko Greek Lamb Recipe