Creme Egg Lava Cake
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 80 g dark chocolate
- 20 g butter
- 40 g light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 25 g plain flour
- 2 mini Creme Eggs frozen for at least an hour
- For serving: ice cream or cream
- Grease two 180ml ramekins with oil or butter.
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter together over a low heat, once combined whisk in the sugar and vanilla.
- Add in the beaten eggs, and whisk until fluffy, then fold in the flour. Divide the mixture between the two ramekins, then unwrap the frozen mini Creme Eggs and push it into the centre of the batter (about halfway down) - It will sink as the batter cooks.
- Put 250ml of water into the inner pot, with the trivet and place both ramekins on top, covered with foil.
- Select Pressure cook High for 11 minutes, followed by quick pressure release.
- Take the lid off the Instant Pot and carefully take the ramekins out – they will be hot! Remove the foil and loosen the edges with a plastic knife or thin spatula.
- To serve, place a plate on top of each ramekin, and invert so the cake releases onto the plate! Serve with ice cream, or cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!