Creamy Carrot Soup with Warm Spices
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground fennel
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 L vegetable stock
- 500 ml Water
- 900 g carrots peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 125 g plain greek yogurt
- 75 g hazelnuts toasted skinned, and chopped
- 1 bunch of chopped fresh coriander
- Select Sauté on the Instant Pot and add the oil.
- Once hot, add onions and salt and cook until onions are softened.
- Stir in ginger, coriander, fennel, and cinnamon and cook until fragrant, then add the stock water, carrots, and baking soda, and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the base of the inner pot. Then press cancel.
- Secure the lid and select Pressure Cook and set the time for 3 minutes.
- When the cooking program has finished, quick release the pressure then remove the lid.
- Working in batches, process soup in blender until smooth, and then return the processed soup to Instant Pot.
- Select Sauté again and bring the soup to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle individual portions with pomegranate molasses and top with yogurt, hazelnuts, and coriander before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!