Crab Mac n Cheese
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 450 g macaroni
- 950 ml water
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 450 g cheddar cheese grated
- 110 g fresh mozzarella grated
- 110 g Parmesan grated
- 125 ml milk
- 300 g crabmeat
- Toasted panko breadcrumbs
- Select Sauté on the Instant Pot and adjust the time to 3minutes. Once the pot starts to warm up, add 2 tbsp oil and the onion and cook until tender.
- Press Cancel then add the pasta, water, butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and cumin to the inner pot, then use a wooden spoon to give everything a stir and deglaze the base of the pot.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot, and select Pressure Cook on ‘High’ and program for 5 minutes.
- Once the program has finished, perform a quick pressure release and when the valve drops, remove the lid.
- Add the milk to the pot and stir into the pasta, then slowly fold in the cheeses in batches, making sure the pasta mixture remains creamy between each addition.
- Add the crabmeat to the pot, then put the lid back on and leave to warm through for 5 minutes.
- Give everything a stir and top with panko breadcrumbs
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!