Classic Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 150 g digestive biscuits crumbed
- 5 tbsp butter melted and cooled plus additional butter for greasing
- 450 g cream cheese
- 100 g white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 60 g sour cream
- 2 tsp lemon zest finely grated
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp plain flour
- Grease and line a 7-inch/18cm round springform pan. Mix the digestive crumbs and the melted butter in a medium bowl until combined.
- Press the butter/biscuit mixture into the pan, creating an even layer across the bottom and about halfway up the sides to make a crust.
- Add the cream cheese and sugar to a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, blending into the mixture each time. Then add the sour cream and blend again.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, salt and flour, and process all together until smooth, then pour the mixture into the prepared crust in the pan.
- Pour 375ml of water into the inner pot and place the uncovered cheesecake pan inside on the trivet. a 6-or 8-quart cooker. Set a heat- and pressure-safe trivet in the cooker.
- Select Pressure Cook (High pressure) and set the time to 25 minutes and turn off the Keep Warm setting.
- When the machine has finished cooking, turn it off and let the pressure release naturally, then remove the lid.
- Remove the cheesecake from the inner pot and leave to cool for 15 minutes, then refrigerate in its pan for 1 hour.
- After an hour, cover the cheesecake pan and put back in the fridge for at least 1 more hour or up to 2 days.
- When ready to serve, remove from the pan, cut a slice and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!