Chinese Takeout-Style Tofu and Broccoli
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 400 g extra firm tofu
- 200 g white rice
- 375 ml water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 60 ml agave nectar or coconut nectar or maple syrup but that will have a more robust, less neutral flavor
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger grated or finely minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 medium heads broccoli cut into small florets
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 60 ml water
- Drain the tofu for 30 minutes - 1 hour using paper towels and something heavy - changing the paper towels frequently to drain all of the moisture.
- Whilst the tofu is draining, place the rice and 375ml water into the Instant Pot and secure the lid.
- Select Pressure Cook and set the time to 8 minutes, and when the cooking program has finished, quick release the pressure. Set the rice to one side and wipe the inner pot clean.
- Cut the tofu into 3/4-inch cubes and place the tofu in a zip-top bag and add the marinade ingredients. Toss to combine and let the tofu rest in the marinade for 5 minutes, massaging occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine all ginger-chilli sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk.
- Select Sauté on the Instant Pot and let the pot heat up for a few minutes before adding the rapeseed oil. Once the display reads “HOT,” add the marinated tofu to the pot and cook the tofu for 1 1/2 minutes undisturbed.
- Use a spatula to flip and cook the tofu until it starts to brown on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes total. Add the ginger-chili sauce and stir to combine, then press Cancel and deglaze the base of the inner pot.
- Secure the lid and select Pressure Cook and set the time to 3 minutes, and when the cooking program has finished, quick release the pressure.
- Remove the lid and add the broccoli florets to the tofu and stir with the sauce to combine.
- Secure the lid and select Pressure Cook again, on low pressure for 1 minute, and when the cooking program has finished, quick release the pressure.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cornflour with 60ml water, whisking until combined without any lumps.
- Select the Sauté button again and add the cornflour slurry to the Instant Pot and gently stir to combine. Cook, stirring gently, until the sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve the tofu and broccoli over rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!