Chickpea and Aubergine Bites
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 240 g cooked chickpeas
- 1 aubergine
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 100 g chickpea flour
- 120 g breadcrumbs
- 30 ml olive oil
- 150 g yogurt
- 30 g cooked beetroot
- Peel the aubergine and cut it into small cubes. Heat a pan with the olive oil and garlic clove and once golden add the aubergine. Season with salt and pepper, cover with a lid and let it cook until soft.
- Add the chickpeas, aubergine, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chickpea flour and 20g of breadcrumbs in a blender and mix. It doesn’t need to be too smooth.
- Leave the mixture in the fridge for at least 10 minutes to set. In the meantime, make the sauce by blending the yogurt and the beetroot until even.
- Roll the aubergine and chickpea mixture into 20 balls, then coat them with the remaining breadcrumbs, then spray each ball with a little bit of oil.
- Select Air Fry on your Vortex and set the time to 10 minutes and temperature to 180C.
- Add the balls when prompted, and give them a shake at half way.
- Once the frying program has finished, serve with the beetroot sauce
Instant Brands Official Recipe Contributor:Recipe by: @wildwindwanders