- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 medium onion peeled and diced
- 1 small green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 skin-on chicken breast halves about 2 lbs
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp Hungarian paprika
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot® and heat ghee. Add onion and green pepper and sauté for 3–5 minutes until onions are translucent. Stir in garlic. Add the chicken breast skin-side down and brown for 3–4 minutes. Sprinkle the diced tomato over the chicken.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together tomato sauce, paprika, and chicken broth. Pour over chicken. Lock lid.
- Press the Poultry button and cook for the default time of 15 minutes.
- When timer beeps, let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Quick-release any additional pressure until float valve drops and then unlock lid. Check the chicken using a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature is at least 165°F. Transfer chicken to a serving platter.
- Whisk flour and sour cream into the juices in the Instant Pot®. Press the Sauté button, press the Adjust button to change the temperature to Less, and simmer unlidded for 5 minutes until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken and serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!