- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- Dredge Mix:
- 65 g flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Chicken Marsala:
- 900 g thin-sliced chicken breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 225 g mushrooms sliced
- 125 ml marsala wine
- 125 ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 80 ml cream
- 60 g chopped parsley for garnish optional
- In a shallow bowl, mix together Dredge Mix ingredients. Coat each piece of chicken in the dredge mix, shaking off excess.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter to the Instant Pot, and select Sauté.
- When butter melts, work in batches to brown the meat on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side until golden. (Meat will not be cooked through.) Transfer browned meat to a shallow dish in a single layer and cover loosely with foil.
- Add remaining oil, remaining butter, shallot and garlic to the pot and saute until soft, 2-3 minutes. then add mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes more.
- Add wine and stock to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot, then carefully put the chicken back in the pot, arranging in a a single layer.
- Secure the lid and select Pressure Cook and set the time for 5 minutes.
- When the cooking program is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the pot and set to one side.
- Add the cornflour to the cooking liquid still in the inner pot and stir to combine. Then add the cream.
- Select Sauté again, and cook and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes, then add the chicken back to the pot and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serve chicken over rice, mashed potatoes or pasta. Garnish with chopped parsley and fresh ground pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!