Chicken Cutlets in Tuscan Cream Sauce
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 680 g boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion diced
- 225 g cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 120 ml dry white wine
- 100 g sun-dried tomato drained of oil, and diced
- 200 g baby spinach
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 80 g Pecorino Romano cheese grated
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp Water
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels. Sprinkle them all over with the salt and pepper.
- Select the Sauté setting on the Instant Pot and heat the oil for 2 minutes.
- Using tongs, add the chicken in a single layer and sear for about 2 minutes, until lightly browned. Flip the chicken and sear for 2 more minutes, until lightly browned on the second side, then transfer to a plate.
- Add the garlic, onion, mushrooms, and sauté for about 4 minutes, until the onion begins to soften and the mushrooms begin to wilt and give up their liquid.
- Add the Italian seasoning, wine, and tomatoes and stir to combine, using a wooden spoon to deglaze any browned bits from the base of the pot. Let the wine come to a simmer, then add the chicken breasts in a single layer on top, then press cancel.
- Secure the lid and select Pressure Cook and set the cooking time for 5 minutes
- When the cooking program finishes, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure, and press cancel.
- Open the pot and, using tongs, transfer the chicken to a serving plate.
- Select the Sauté setting again, then add the spinach and basil and stir until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Add the cream cheese and Pecorino Romano cheeses and stir for 1 minute, until melted.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cornflour and water, then add to the pot, and stir for another minute until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Spoon the sauce and vegetables over the chicken and serve right away.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!