Chicken and Pear Puree
This puree is perfect for a first meal with meat proteins – the familiar taste and sweetness of the pears will make the introduction of this new taste and texture more tolerable. Age: 21 weeks +
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 1 pear
- 2 chicken thighs
- Coconut or avocado oil for frying
- Peel the pear, slice it in half and remove the core and seeds
- Place the trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot inner pot and add 1 cup of water
- Add the sliced pear with 1/3 cup water to an ovenproof bowl and place on top of the trivet.
- Turn on the Instant Pot to “Steam” and select 3 minutes.
- When the timer ends, quick release by turning the steam release to the venting position allowing the steam to escape, the valve will then drop and the lid will unlock.
- Remove the pear and clean and dry the inner pot.
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut or avocado oil in the pot on “Saute” and fry the chicken thighs until fully cooked and browned
- Add the chicken thighs and cooked pear to a blender and puree until smooth using some of the pear water if necessary.