Cherry Chocolate Cake
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 250 ml Water
- 165 ml vegetable oil
- 150 g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract divided
- 180 g self raising flour
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 120 ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 200 g maraschino cherries chopped and divided with juice reserved
- 200 g sugar
- 60 g butter softened
- 30 ml whole milk
- Pour water into Instant Pot® and add trivet. Grease a Bundt pan and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream together oil and sugar, then add the eggs and 1 tsp vanilla, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, 3 tbsp cocoa powder, and salt.
- Slowly add flour and buttermilk to the mixer, alternating between the two until fully combined.
- Combine baking soda and vinegar. Give it a quick stir (it will start to bubble) and pour into cake batter, then mix for about 10 seconds.
- Fold half of the chopped maraschino cherries into the cake batter, then pour into the greased bundt pan. Create a foil sling and carefully lower bundt pan into Instant Pot® and secure the lid.
- Select Pressure Cook and adjust time to 32 minutes, and press start.
- When the cooking program finishes, perform a quick release pressure and then remove the lid and take the bundt tin out.
- Use a straw to poke about 20 holes in the top of the cake then pour cherry juice into holes. Place cake on cooling rack and let cool, about 30 minutes.
- With an electric mixer, mix together powdered sugar, butter, remaining 3 tbsp cocoa powder, milk, and remaining 1 tsp vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Once cake is cooled, remove from the pan and Spread chocolate frosting on top of cake and decorate with remaining cherries.
PER SERVING CALORIES: 716 | FAT: 38g | PROTEIN: 6g | SODIUM: 305mg FIBER: 4g | CARBOHYDRATES: 92g | SUGAR: 64g